Subscribe to the new "Select Mail" newsletter! This will be an e-mail delivered newsletter that provides updates on important news around the association, updates on teams, and other stories.
This newsletter mailing list will also be used to e-mail important announcements, but we are going to be careful not to get too carried away with sending things out. In addition we strongly encourage you to like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter, and make regular visits to the CSGHA website to stay informed.
You can choose to opt out of it at any time.
Colorado Select Girls Hockey Association (CSGHA) is pleased to announce we have opened registration for the 2016-17 Tier I teams tryouts. Tryouts are being held on Saturday May 14th and Sunday May15th. Times vary based on age groups as tryouts will be held for the 19U and 16U CSGHA Tier I teams and for the 14U Team Colorado Tier I team.
For all the details and to register please visit the CSGHA website:
For questions you can contact the CSGHA Competitive Director of Hockey and 19U Tier I Head Coach Karen Rickard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Colorado Select (www.coloradogirlshockey.com) was founded to advance and promote girl’s hockey in the region. The CSGHA was also chosen by USA Hockey to be an American Development Model (ADM) Program. We maintain close support and assistance for the development of our players through USA Hockey. Resumes are due by Friday April 8th, 2016 with interviews commencing for identified candidates on Monday April 11th, 2016. We anticipate a position start date in late May. Interested candidates should respond with cover letter and resume to: Gary Weber, CSGHA President, email@example.com and Mitch Watson, CSGHA President-Elect, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For The Colorado Select organization:
1. Develop and undertake activities to market the Association and grow player enrollment and retention in the Association.
2. Organize, manage and conduct three (3) Try Hockey for Free events, three (3) Learn to Skate Sessions (4 weeks, 6 weeks and 8 weeks) and budgeted Test Drive programs.
3. Management of the ADM on behalf of the Association to ensure compliance as USA Hockey Model Club.
4. Collaborate with the Director of Tier Programs to meet Association bylaws and Board Directives including but not limited to:
a. Develop and implement a transition program for players moving from recreation hockey to competitive Tier hockey.
b. Collaborate and work with CAHA on “Grow the Game” activities.
c. Collaborate and work with other associations and leagues including but not limited the MSGHL, CCYHL and Tier II Girls league to grow girls hockey.
5. Attend USAH Hockey Director Symposium and North American Rink Conference & Expo (May 2016)
6. Apply to work USAH and CAHA player development or selection camps.
1. Develop on-ice weekly practice plans with coaches (8U-12U).
2. Review weekly practice plans with coaches. (14U-19U).
3. Oversee the development and implementation for dryland sessions for all recreation teams to ensure ADM compliance.
4. Participate in the recruiting & hiring of qualified coaches.
5. Train, develop, and supervise recreational coaching staff.
6. Lead and participate in monthly education meetings/seminars for all coaches.
7. Conduct scheduled parent and community education programs as directed by the Board to meet the goals and objectives of the Association to grow girls hockey in the state.
8. Regularly attend and participate in the running of practices (all teams).
9. Periodically attend recreational and tier games.
10. Run cross-ice and half –ice in-house jamborees (8U’s only).
1. Proven ability to operationalize grassroots marketing programs with the intent of increasing enrollment numbers for a youth recreational sports program is required.
2. Thorough knowledge of the American Development Model as set by USA Hockey and its implementation in a youth hockey program is required.
3. 4-5 years previous youth hockey coaching experience is required.
4. Previous experience working with a board of directors, members, parents, and kids is required.
5. Previous experience and working knowledge of a youth hockey program operations, specifically budgets is required.
The Colorado Select Girls Hockey Association (Colorado Select) is the first and only all girls’ hockey association in the state of Colorado. We are a hockey organization devoted to promoting and expanding girls’ hockey in Colorado. The purpose of the Colorado Select Girls Hockey Association is to foster the development of young girls in their pursuit of excellence in a team sport. We want to support the girls of Colorado who want to play a sport that can take them into district championships, college scholarships and even to gold medals. Scholarship and educational opportunities are rapidly increasing as more and more programs are developed.
The Colorado Select Girls Hockey Association has been host to several visits from USA Hockey already this season. Two of the more memorable visits where documented on video by USA Hockey. First CSGHA hosted a USA Hockey ADM clinic and demonstrated what makes us the only all girls USA Hockey ADM Model Association in the country. Most recently the CSGHA hosted a visit by members of the 2014 USA Hockey Women's National Team. Check out the videos of both events.