The Colorado Select (www.coloradogirlshockey.com) was founded to advance and promote girl’s hockey in the region. The CSGHA was also chosen by USA Hockey to be an American Development Model (ADM) Program. We maintain close support and assistance for the development of our players through USA Hockey. Resumes are due by Friday April 8th, 2016 with interviews commencing for identified candidates on Monday April 11th, 2016. We anticipate a position start date in late May. Interested candidates should respond with cover letter and resume to: Gary Weber, CSGHA President, email@example.com and Mitch Watson, CSGHA President-Elect, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For The Colorado Select organization:
1. Develop and undertake activities to market the Association and grow player enrollment and retention in the Association.
2. Organize, manage and conduct three (3) Try Hockey for Free events, three (3) Learn to Skate Sessions (4 weeks, 6 weeks and 8 weeks) and budgeted Test Drive programs.
3. Management of the ADM on behalf of the Association to ensure compliance as USA Hockey Model Club.
4. Collaborate with the Director of Tier Programs to meet Association bylaws and Board Directives including but not limited to:
a. Develop and implement a transition program for players moving from recreation hockey to competitive Tier hockey.
b. Collaborate and work with CAHA on “Grow the Game” activities.
c. Collaborate and work with other associations and leagues including but not limited the MSGHL, CCYHL and Tier II Girls league to grow girls hockey.
5. Attend USAH Hockey Director Symposium and North American Rink Conference & Expo (May 2016)
6. Apply to work USAH and CAHA player development or selection camps.
1. Develop on-ice weekly practice plans with coaches (8U-12U).
2. Review weekly practice plans with coaches. (14U-19U).
3. Oversee the development and implementation for dryland sessions for all recreation teams to ensure ADM compliance.
4. Participate in the recruiting & hiring of qualified coaches.
5. Train, develop, and supervise recreational coaching staff.
6. Lead and participate in monthly education meetings/seminars for all coaches.
7. Conduct scheduled parent and community education programs as directed by the Board to meet the goals and objectives of the Association to grow girls hockey in the state.
8. Regularly attend and participate in the running of practices (all teams).
9. Periodically attend recreational and tier games.
10. Run cross-ice and half –ice in-house jamborees (8U’s only).
1. Proven ability to operationalize grassroots marketing programs with the intent of increasing enrollment numbers for a youth recreational sports program is required.
2. Thorough knowledge of the American Development Model as set by USA Hockey and its implementation in a youth hockey program is required.
3. 4-5 years previous youth hockey coaching experience is required.
4. Previous experience working with a board of directors, members, parents, and kids is required.
5. Previous experience and working knowledge of a youth hockey program operations, specifically budgets is required.
Tag(s): Home News Volunteering Scholarships 12U CRHL 12U CCYHL Board Meetings CSGHA In The News 19U AA 19U A 14U AA 16U A 10U CRHL 8U 19U AA 19U A 14U AA 16U A 12U CRHL 12U CCYHL 10U CRHL 8U 19U AA 19U A 14U AA 12U CRHL 12U CCYHL 10U CRHL 8U Archive 16U A 14U AA 19U AA 19U A 16U A 12U CRHL 12U CCYHL 10U CRHL 8U